Monday 16 September 2013

Open House Weekend

This weekend sees the return of the annual Open House Festival in London, where over 800 buildings and properties of architectural note open the doors for free, some are not usually open to the public, some are usually paid for and some put on special tours, etc so it's a brilliant event. 

Since the event caught my attention a few years ago, this year will be the first time I can actually attend. The amount of buildings involved is very extensive, so you really need to know what you're looking for. 


I have managed to book myself onto special tours of Lambeth Palace (never been) and Horniman (haven't been since I was a child). Around these pre-booked tours, I'm hoping to go to Battersea Power Station, Trellick Tower, Stoneleigh Terrace, Freemasons' Hall, 17B Ainsworth Way - like most of the buildings, they are first come, first served so I probably won't be able to manage them all. 


Battersea Power Station 
Trellick Tower
Freemason's Hall
Get planning!

No comments: