Thursday 1 August 2013

My 2nd Latitude

A couple weekends ago, I took my sister off to Latitude for her birthday and some fun and games. 

The fun and games got off to a delayed start whilst the British Transport Police worked on a getting a man off Ipswich station's roof for 7 hours - we suggested a tranquiliser dart as we made our way from London to Cambridge to Norwich to Diss......

Eventually, we got to our campsite and quickly set up the tent with a beer in hand - natch. 

We had pretty much missed all the live music by this time but managed 10 minutes of Japandroids and 20 minutes of Bloc Party playing some 'Silent Alarm' hits with lasers - always good. 

My sister wasn't really into Guilty Pleasures the year before so we decided to go to In the Woods, I then wandered over to the Lake Stage where Moshi Moshi were DJing and certainly enjoying themselves. We camped out here for most of their set before I rejoined my sister at In The Woods and it was time for the stages to close and we headed back to the guest bar for more drinks. It had now been officially my sister's birthday for a few hours so we sung 'Happy Birthday' and chatted into the daylight hours.


Changing at Cambridge

De-thistling our tent area

Friday evening
We started Saturday with some mimosas, unfortunately having to sacrifice seeing Dylan Moran over finishing the prosecco. Our friends arrived around the time White Denim started so we had to miss them as well, not going so well on the music front. However, then it was time for Jagua Ma, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Hot Chip and Kraftwerk who certainly made up for our lack of progress earlier that day. We started on the vodka around YYYs - who were my 2nd highlight of the weekend - so by the time Kraftwerk were finished - my highlight even if the 3D thing wasn't amazing - we were ready to party hard. We attempted to get our party on at Buttoned Down Disco but had to retreat to the guest bar where tunes were more plentiful. We realised it would be better to hit the hay before it got bright so retired around 4am. 


D's birthday

Kraftwerk excitement 
A good start to a Sunday begins with Bobby Womack, so we happily obliged. We hung out for a few hours, before heading to Temples at the i Arena. I was enjoying their set but couldn't stay till the end as the dust from the woods worked itself into my eyes and nose - worse than tube nose. We watched a good portion of James Blake before packing up the tent and heading back to the train station for a cup of tea, sausage sandwich and our carriage home. 

I feel Latitude is the perfect sized festival for me, it's a great site and perhaps we didn't work this to our advantage this year, but a varied bill of not just music. 

No comments: